"Transport Assurance" can be added to your booking when quoting via our service and will provide Cover against loss or damage to goods in transit. A $100 Excess applies and is deducted when a claim is paid out.
- The 'Transport Assurance' is not available for the following types of goods:
- Furniture, bedding
- Unpackaged goods
- White and Brown or Household Electrical goods (unless they are new and in their original packaging and box)
- Artwork, paintings, antiques, vases/porcelain, ceramic/tiles and sculptures
- Goods containing glass
- Commercial bulk dangerous goods
- Bloodstock and exotic bird
- Currency of all descriptions
- Live plants and trees
- Motor vehicles
- Household goods removals (including all personal effects)
- Any goods with existing damage or in poor condition
- Vanities/toilet suites, etc
- Frozen or chilled meat, seafood or foodstuffs
- Precious metals and stone, money, bullion, cheques, credit or other card sales vouchers, securities, shares, bonds, deeds, bills of exchange or any document that represents money
- If the wholesale value of the goods are in excess of $10,000 we cannot provide Transport Assurance for loss or damage. You may however obtain one-off or ongoing marine transit cover by contacting your own insurance company/broker or you may try the insurance broker listed below (Smart Send does not recommend nor do we have affiliations with Extrasure Insurance Brokers). Extrasure Insurance Brokers Ph: 1800 828 594 http://www.quotesonline.com.au/
- Under-declaring the value of the goods: you must declare the full 'wholesale value' of the goods transported. If you declare a value that is less than the actual value of the goods and a claim is made by you, you will only receive an amount in proportion to the degree of under-insurance. For example: if the sum insured is only half the 'actual' value of the goods when a claim occurs, you would only receive approximately half the amount of the claim. Please note - you must be able to substantiate the value of the goods via an invoice or other documented proof of the value of the goods.
- A receiver signature on either a Proof of Delivery copy of the consignment-label, a sub-docket or an 'electronic signature' signifies the goods were delivered in full and not damaged in any way. If the goods are damaged the receiver must make a note stating this on the Proof of Delivery. If they have any doubts they MUST sign 'Pending Inspection' and cross out 'Accepting the goods in good order'. If a 'non-Receipted Delivery' service is chosen and goods are left at the delivery address by the delivery driver (due to a receiver being unavailable to sign for the goods), this will also deem the goods to be delivered in full and not damaged in any way.
Making a claim:
If loss occurs, you need to make a claim within 14 days of the incident occurring. If damage occurs, you need to make a claim within 48 hours of the incident occurring. If we do not receive a claim within these time periods, the Transport Assurance claim will be void.
To make a claim:
Email email@example.com with the subject line of the email as "Transport Assurance Claim: AOExxxxx" with the consignment number on the label sent at the time of booking. Include information on correspondence you have had with a Smart Send representative.
If the goods were damaged, you need to include a minimum of two digital photos of the damage to the goods. One photo needs to show the goods and the damage sustained. The second photo needs to show how the goods were packaged (box and packaging material).The package material must be retained for inspection. More than two photos is preferable.
You also need to attach a scanned image of the invoice (or other documented proof) substantiating the wholesale value of the goods.
Failure to provide this information will result in the Tranport Assurance claim becoming void.
Once approved, claims will generally be paid within 90 days of lodgement and funds will only be deposited into the Paypal account or credit/debit card used for the payment of our services.
The "Transport Assurance" Conditions should be read in-conjunction with the standard Smart Send Terms & Conditions.
Please send all testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org
"Smart Send is very helpful with my business with its easy-to-use interface, powerful packing/shipping calculator, near seamless integration with my Shopify store and its high attention to customer service."
"I like to build relationships with the partners I deal with and Smart Send came to the party. Pricing is an important consideration, with their website selecting the best and cheapest prices from a range of courier companies."
"Overall, the Smart Send experience has been wonderful. We have had the opportunity to send items that we were previously unable to send because it was too large to be sent by our preferred supplier..."
Empowered Auto Parts
"Our customers demand steadfast service delivery and we know that Smart Send is unwavering in their commitment in doing that. Smart Send is a fundamental extension to our business..."
"I partnered with Smart Send because of the high level of support I receive when delivery issues occur. I've used lots of delivery services and Smart Send customer service meets all my needs ..."
"I started this journey with no understanding of shipping larger goods around Australia so having the Smart Send team and their wealth of knowledge on my side is enormously valuable."
"Smart Send is reasonably priced and very effective at generating shipping calculations on the fly for our customers at checkout. Most orders are seamlessly fulfilled via the Smart Send shipping app..."
Ultimate Sporting Memorabilia
"I stay with Smart Send because of their invaluable Customer Service. I have high value products that need to arrive quickly and on time, when issues arise buyers aren't prepared to wait forever for resolution."