We respect your privacy
Smart Send respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. As we are an Australian based business, you acknowledge that our primary obligation is to adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) established by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We will also ensure that we comply with other privacy policies, laws or regulations where we are legally obliged to do so. This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
In this policy, Smart Send means Smart Send Pty Ltd ACN 126 199 577.
- how and when we collect personal information;
- how we use and disclose personal information;
- how we keep personal information secure, accurate and up-to-date;
- how an individual can access and correct their personal information; and
- how we will facilitate or resolve a privacy complaint.
Collection of personal information
What is personal information?
The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) defines “personal information” to mean any information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
We will only use or disclose your personal information for the primary purposes for which it was collected or as consented to by you.
At or around the time we collect personal information from you, we will endeavour to provide you with a notice which details how we will use and disclose that specific information.
How we collect personal information
Information that you specifically give us
While you use our products and services you may be asked to provide certain types of personal information. This might happen through our website, mobile applications, apps/plugins, online chat systems, telephone, paper forms, or in-person meetings. We will give you a Collection Notice at the time, to explain how we will use the personal information we are asking for. The notice may be written or verbal.
We may request, collect, or process the following information:
- Account Details - username, password and log-on details.
- Contact Details - email address, phone number, mobile number.
- Location Details - physical address, billing address, timezone.
- Identity Details - full name
- Financial Information - credit card details, wire transfer details, payment processor details (e.g. skrill, paypal), tax numbers.
- User Generated Content – company profiles, ACN, ABN and the like.
Information we collect as you use our service
We maintain records of the interactions we have with our users, including the products, services and customer support we have provided. This includes the interactions our users have with our platform such as when a user has viewed a page or clicked a button
When we are contacted we may collect personal information that is intrinsic to the communication. For example, if we are contacted via email, we will collect the email address used.
We may collect or process the following information:
- Metadata - IP address, computer and connection information, referring web page, standard web log information, language settings, timezone, etc.
- Device Information - device identifier, device type, device plugins, hardware capabilities, etc.
- Actions - pages viewed, buttons clicked, time spent viewing, search keywords, etc.
Cookies and IP Addresses
If you use our website, we may utilise “cookies” which enable us to monitor traffic patterns, trends and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit our website. In most cases, a cookie does not identify you personally but may identify your internet service provider or computer.
We may gather your IP address as part of our business activities and to assist with any operational difficulties or support issues with our services. This information does not identify you personally.
You can set your browser to notify you, accept or reject, or disable cookies. However, if you do so, you may not be able to access certain areas of our websites or take advantage of the improved web site experience that cookies offer.
Where we obtain any data as a result of your use of our Websites or through any information which you may provide to us, you acknowledge that we will own the data and all rights which may subsist in relation thereto. Such data will generally be collected and maintained in an aggregated from, without any personal details which would otherwise identify you.
Links to other sites
How we hold your personal Information
Once we collect your personal information, we will either hold it securely and store it on infrastructure owned or controlled by us or with a third-party service provider who has taken reasonable steps to ensure they comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We provide some general information on our security measures below.
How we use personal information
The information we request, collect, and process is primarily used to provide users with the product or service they have requested. More specifically, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to undertake delivery activities/services;
- to provide the service or product you have requested including to 3rd parties where provided by you;
- to provide technical or other support to you;
- to answer enquiries about our services, or to respond to a complaint;
- to promote our other programs, products or services which may be of interest to you (unless you have opted out from such communications);
- to allow for debugging, testing and otherwise operate our platforms;
- to conduct data analysis, research and otherwise build and improve our platforms;
- for billing and debt collection purposes;
- to undertake market research;
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- if otherwise permitted or required by law; or
- for other purposes with your consent, unless you withdraw your consent for these purposes.
- when a user has given consent;
- when necessary for the performance of a contract to which the user is party;
- processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations;
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of our users or of another natural person.
- processing is done in pursuing our legitimate interests, where these interests do not infringe on the rights of our users.
When we disclose personal information
Our third party service providers
The personal information of users may be held or processed on our behalf outside Australia, including 'in the cloud', by our third party service providers. Our third party service providers are bound by contract to only use your personal information on our behalf, under our instructions.
Our third party service providers include:
- delivery partners and/or contractors
- Cloud hosting, storage, networking and related providers
- Payment, banking and credit rating providers
- Marketing and analytics providers
- Security providers
- Or professional advisors, including lawyers, accountants and auditors.
Other disclosures and transfers
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- if necessary to provide the service or product you have requested including to 3rd parties;
- we receive court orders, subpoenas or other requests for information by law enforcement;
- if otherwise permitted or required by law; or
- for other purposes with your consent.
Provision of informed consent
If you do not consent
If you do not agree to the disclosure of your personal information outside Australia by us, you should tell us that you do not consent. To do this, either elect not to submit the personal information to us or contact us via the details set out in this document.
Accessing, correcting, or downloading your personal information
You have the right to request access to the personal information Smart Send holds about you. Unless an exception applies, we must allow you to see the personal information we hold about you, within a reasonable time period, and without unreasonable expense for no charge. Most personal information can be accessed by logging into your account. If you wish to access information that is not accessible through our website, or wish to download all personal information we hold on you in a portable data format, please contact our Privacy Officer.
You also have the right to request the correction of the personal information we hold about you. All your personal information can be updated through the user settings pages. If you require assistance please contact our customer support.
Exercising your other rights
You have a number of other rights in relation to the personal data Smart Send holds about you, however, there may be restrictions on how you may exercise the rights. This is largely due to the nature of the products and services we provide. Much of the data we collect is in order to facilitate product/service enquiries, facilitate payments, and provide protection for the legitimate users of our Services - these data uses are protected against the below rights.
You have the right to:
- opt-out of direct marketing, and profiling for marketing
- temporary restriction of processing.
Direct marketing and profiling
Users can control what emails they receive through their settings page.
Express informed consent
You give your express and informed consent to us using your personal information to provide you with information and to tell you about our products, services or events or any other direct marketing activity (including third party products, services, and events) which we consider may be of interest to you, whether by post, email, SMS, messaging applications and telephone (Direct Marketing Communications).
If at any time you do not wish to receive any further Direct Marketing Communications from us or others, you may ask us not to send you any further information about services and not to disclose your information to other organisations for that purpose. You may do this at any time by using the “unsubscribe” facility included in the Direct Marketing Communication or by contacting us via the details set out in this document.
Anonymity and pseudo-anonymity
We will endeavour to provide you with the option of dealing with us on an anonymous basis or through the use of a pseudonym. However, there may be circumstances in which it is no longer practicable for us to correspond with you in this manner and your personal information may be required in order to provide you with our services or to resolve any issue you may have.
Most personal information and user generated content cannot be deleted as they are used to support contracts, document financial transactions, and are used in providing protecting other legitimate users of the marketplace. In the case of non-personal data that can be linked with personal data, it will either be erased or otherwise anonymised from the personal data.
Notwithstanding the above, we will take reasonable steps to:
- make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure both physically and through computer security methods; and
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed.
In the event that we become aware of any unauthorized access to our system which results in a genuine expectation that your personal information has been obtained by an unauthorised 3rd party, or in the event of any other breach or failure of our system which results in your personal information becoming available to, or being provided to any 3rd party then we will:
- Take all reasonable steps to recover or otherwise secure your personal information;
- Limit access to your personal information;
- Minimise the risk of harm; and
- Take such other steps as we may decide would be prudent for us to take in the circumstances.
Temporary restriction to processing
Under certain circumstances you may exercise this right, in particular if you believe that the personal data we have is not accurate, or you believe that we do not have legitimate grounds for processing your information. In either case you may exercise this right by contacting our Privacy Officer.
Unless stated above, users may exercise any of the above rights by contacting our Privacy Officer.
To contact our Privacy Officer
If you have an enquiry or a complaint about the way we handle your personal information, or to seek to exercise your privacy rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you, you may contact our Privacy Officer as follows:
2/196 Newmarket Road
Wilston QLD 4051
For the purposes of the GDPR, our Privacy Officer is also our Data Protection Officer (DPO).
While we endeavour to resolve complaints quickly and informally, if you wish to proceed to a formal privacy complaint, we request that you make your complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer, by mail or email as above. We will acknowledge your formal complaint within 10 working days of receipt.
If we do not resolve your privacy complaint to your satisfaction, you may lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) by calling them on 1300 363 992, making a complaint online at www.oaic.gov.au, or writing to them at:
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Consent, modifications and updates
Interaction of this Policy with contracts
- certain sections or paragraphs in this policy are incorporated into that contract, but in such a way that they do not give rise to contractual obligations onto Us, but do create contractual obligations on the other party to the contract; and
- the consents provided in this policy become terms of the contract. Acknowledgement
Modification and Updates
Credit Reporting Policy
We may also be bound by the credit reporting provisions of the Privacy Act and the Credit Reporting Code registered under the Privacy Act. Where we provide services to you on credit (that is, you will pay for those services after we start providing them to you), we are a credit provider for the purposes of the Privacy Act.
This Credit Reporting Policy describes how we manage credit-related information about individuals (credit information). It does not apply to the collection or use of credit related information about corporations.
We will ensure that all personal information (including credit information) which we handle is managed in accordance with the Privacy Act and other applicable laws protecting privacy.
Collection of credit information
We may collect, hold and use certain credit related information about you. We will generally only obtain this information from you. We will not routinely collect or exchange information with credit reporting bodies and other credit providers unless you authorise us to do so. We use credit related information to assist us in determining whether we will provide or continue to provide services to you on credit and to manage our relationship with you. Credit related information includes your name and contact details, your credit history (including any repayments or late repayments you have made), any credit rating or credit assessment score that we calculate; and details of any credit related court proceedings or insolvency applications that relate to you.
We will securely store all credit related information that we collect or hold about you.
Disclosure of credit information
Unless otherwise required by law, we will only disclose your credit related information to third parties in limited circumstances as permitted by the Privacy Act. We may disclose your credit related information to parties that provide credit related services to us such as debt collectors, credit management agencies and our agents. We may also disclose your credit related information to a third party that you or we request act as a guarantor in relation to any credit provided to you. We may also disclose credit information to credit reporting bodies where there has been a default in payment. We will provide at least 14 days' notice of our intention to disclose default information to a credit reporting body before making any such disclosure. We will not disclose any credit information to any recipient located outside of Australia.
Other circumstances where we may disclose your credit related information include where required by law or the order of a court or tribunal and where you otherwise expressly consent to the use or disclosure.
Access & Corrections
If you request that we correct any credit related information that we hold about you, we will endeavour to respond to that request within 21 days (or such longer period as you may agree) and correct any credit related information that we hold about you that we are satisfied is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading.
A complaint may be lodged by contacting us directly or by emailing email@example.com.
Last updated: 01 March 2022
Please send all testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org
"Smart Send is very helpful with my business with its easy-to-use interface, powerful packing/shipping calculator, near seamless integration with my Shopify store and its high attention to customer service."
"I like to build relationships with the partners I deal with and Smart Send came to the party. Pricing is an important consideration, with their website selecting the best and cheapest prices from a range of courier companies."
"Overall, the Smart Send experience has been wonderful. We have had the opportunity to send items that we were previously unable to send because it was too large to be sent by our preferred supplier..."
Empowered Auto Parts
"Our customers demand steadfast service delivery and we know that Smart Send is unwavering in their commitment in doing that. Smart Send is a fundamental extension to our business..."
"I partnered with Smart Send because of the high level of support I receive when delivery issues occur. I've used lots of delivery services and Smart Send customer service meets all my needs ..."
"I started this journey with no understanding of shipping larger goods around Australia so having the Smart Send team and their wealth of knowledge on my side is enormously valuable."
"Smart Send is reasonably priced and very effective at generating shipping calculations on the fly for our customers at checkout. Most orders are seamlessly fulfilled via the Smart Send shipping app..."
Ultimate Sporting Memorabilia
"I stay with Smart Send because of their invaluable Customer Service. I have high value products that need to arrive quickly and on time, when issues arise buyers aren't prepared to wait forever for resolution."