Protecting YOUR Privacy:
All of us at Smart Send are committed to providing you with peace of mind in protecting your privacy. We are bound by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1998, which sets out a set of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
Personal information held by Smart Send may include:
- Your name
- Current address
- Telephone number
- Mobile phone number
- Fax number
- ACN or ABN numbers
- Email address
- Bank account details for direct deposits
- Log on and passwords for web site features
- Transaction details
If you choose to not provide us with the personal information we request from you, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or you may experience difficulty or delays in the delivery of our services and products.
Smart Send collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you via business cards, details provided in correspondence, over the telephone, via email or when submitted by a form on one of our web sites;
- From third parties such as our related companies;
- Your representatives;
- From publicly available sources of information;
- When legally required to do so.
Your personal information may be used to:
- Verify your identity;
- Assist you with our products and services;
- Provide or improve our service delivery through a range of media;
- Administer and manage our services provided to you including charging, billing and collection of debts;
- Inform you of ways the products and services provided to you can be improved;
- Research and develop our products and services;
- Improve our understanding of your business to provide you with better products and services;
- Maintain and improve our business systems for improved services and product delivery.
In order to deliver the products and services you require, Smart Send may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Smart Send. These organisations carry out our:
- Delivery activities;
- Mailing systems;
- Billing and debt collection;
- Market research.
Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to Smart Send providing our products and services to you. Smart Send takes reasonable steps to ensure these organisations are subject to obligations of confidentiality or privacy in relation to the protection of your personal information.
We may also disclose your personal information in the following ways:
- To other companies that share an ownership with Smart Send;
- To your authorised representatives, accountants or legal advisers when requested by you to do so;
- To credit providers;
- To Affiliates;
- For testimonial means;
- To our professional advisors, including our lawyers, accountants and auditors;
- To government or regulatory organisations as required or authorised by law;
Smart Send takes all reasonable precautions to ensure the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide. We recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- Keep us up to date with changes to personal information such as your address, telephone numbers and email addresses.
You have the right to access your personal information. If you would like to do so please let us know. You may be required to provide proof of identity and/or put you request in writing for security reasons. We reserve the right to charge a fee for repetitive requests for and providing access to your information.
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us on: